Monday, August 13, 2012

Sorrowful Times

I just got back from a four day trip to Kentucky with my daughter where we laid my 93 year old Grandma to rest. She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I pray that I am able to example in my life the teachings of so precious a soul as hers.
One of the happy sides to all of this is that we were blessed to have her as long as we did... It was a wonderful weekend spent remembering how she had touched all of our lives, friends and family alike. The word I heard used most to describe her was precious. And that just about sums her up... precious in every way!


Granny Marguerite and I when I was a baby...



Granny Marguerite and I when I was all grown up...



My beautiful daughter Kristina with my beautiful Granny Marguerite...



My wonderful son and I with Granny Marguerite...



My grandpa Billy, my granny Marguerite and my mother Lucy.


Granny Marguerite fed our bodies as she fed our souls...


I love you Granny and miss you, but I know you are in Heaven watching over me...

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss!! She lived a full life and has gone on to glory. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Both my grandmas are still living and in their 90's. Grandma's are such a blessing. My one grandma prays for everyone in our family all the time. Thanks for sharing the precious pictures of your grandma.

    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy each day you are given with them... Life is so short and each moment is a precious treasure! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
      Rita

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry Rita. I can't imagine losing my Grandma anytime soon. :( I hope you are doing ok and know that your Granny is looking down at you and smiling every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Callen and no, I cannot imagine losing Jessie anytime soon either! I do know my Granny is in Heaven looking down on me and this gives me peace!!!
      Rita

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog and remember to stay 'Wild About School' :)